Saturday, 26 December 2009

R.I.P. Vic Chesnutt

I just found out one of my favorite artists passed away yesterday after an overdose of muscle relaxants.

R.I.P Vic Chesnutt 11/12/64 – 12/25/09

I hope you will find the rest you were looking for up there in heaven Vic.



EDIT : do also read this message from Kristin Hersh and don't hesitate to give a little contribution to the family
Up until recently, Hersh and Chesnutt were planning to record a new album and tour together this year. Now that he’s gone, she’s set up a website to raise funds for his widow, Tina. Fans have already donated thousands of dollars. “Vic’s medical bills were astronomical. Like most musicians, he didn’t have insurance for a long time, and then when he got insurance, they wouldn’t pay his bills. I know that he was about 50 grand in debt just for medical bills….[Fans'] generosity is unbelievable.”

No comments:

Post a Comment